Luxury Camping Last Night in Kentucky

Nashville Mission Trip Update  - Day #5 

I did a lot better yesterday...I only spent six hours at a rest area working on the Mission For Hope website. But in the morning I did work in a convenient store parking lot for two hours doing social media stuff. Time management is definitely something I need to work on for the big trip. 


Last night around 9:30 I ended up in the White Sulphur Horse Camp in the Daniel Boone National Forest in Bath County, Kentucky.  I had my pick of sites and special treats which included an outhouse and picnic table.  All the luxuries of home!  By time I settled in, the meatballs that I made in the rest area earlier in the day were ready in My HotLogic. 


It was a bit warm last night. 60! So I clipped my USB fan to the visor to get some air moving in the Jeep. No bugs so I didn’t have to put the screens in. After dinner I watched a movie and fell into a deep comforting sleep. 


Woke up around 6:30 this morning and went into my usual routine of cleaning up, devotional time, preaching scripture to the squirrels, caffe’ and breakfast. I do I wish I had  pancake mix or eggs but I only had bacon. Would have been a perfect place to cook breakfast and enjoy a real table! So I settled for yogurt and applesauce. 


I wanted to go for a hike but I didn’t have cell service and nobody at all knew where I was. Usually, before I go off grid I email my longitude and latitude to Pastor Jamie and tell him I’ll check in by 11AM the next morning. But by the time I was off grid,  it was too late to email him because I had no service. 


So instead of a hike I did some minor repairs on the Jeep. I adjusted headlights, tried to fix high beams on drivers side and took a look at why the back up camera is not working. No luck with two of these repairs.


This morning I’m making my way to Mammoth Cave National Park in Bowling Green,  Kentucky which is a couple hours away. I have a feeling I’ll need to stop before I get there and do some more work on the Mission For Hope website. 


My 12V Coleman cooler has been doing pretty well but the weather has been at bit brisk up until last night. Still have some ground beef left from when I left Monday so cheese burgers are on the menu tonight… and I’m kind of excited about it! Tomorrow I’ll head to Nashville to check into my hotel in the afternoon. A real shower is desperately needed!!


Thanks for all the encouragement, likes, comments and prayers! I can feel the prayers! Couldn’t do this without you my friends. 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

My route so far in Africa

54 Cities in 300 Days!