Meet Tony from Florida

Tony rolled up to my Jeep backwards in his wheel chair this morning. He was soaking wet and very distraught because of a pretty rough night in the rain. 


Tony is originally from Florida. Tony was in the hospital two days ago because he had a grand mal seizure. He told me wants to get back to Florida and see his father one last time before his dad passes aways. He started to cry. I asked him if he wanted me to pray with him. He said yes. We prayed, we hugged and he wept.


Tony liked my Key West decal on the door of my Jeep. I told him it is my photograph and I had the decal printed. He asked me if I had another one. I said “No...but I’ve got a decal for you”. I told him I give these decals when I pray over Jeeps. I asked him if I could pray over his wheelchair. He said yes because his wheelchair in such bad shape. After I prayed he insisted I put a decal on each side of his wheelchair. I gave him a postcard with the prayer I just said.


He asked me if later I could call his aunt in Florida and tell her he’s OK and doing fine. He said not to tell her he is in a wheelchair and don’t tell her I was just in the hospital. I said why don’t you call your aunt yourself on my phone. He called her but she wasn’t home. He left a message saying “ I’m fine,  I’m doing well and I love you”. 


I loaded him up with some pastries, muffins, apple juice, milk, water, tangerines, energy bars, some granola, a hygiene kit and an old pair of my boots. 


Before he left we prayed again. We hugged. He sobbed.  I told him how much Jesus loves him and He will take care of him. He said he knew. For all Tony has been through, I was impressed with how strong his faith was.


Tony wheeled away just as wet but definitely in better spirits.


It’s moments like this that I feel so honored that God trusts me enough to put people like Tony in my life so I can minister to them and share His love. 


I would like to thank all of my friends back home who donated money for gas for me to get here,coffee,treats, water and fruit for my friends. And a very special thank you to Wicked Jeeps New England and Wicked Jeeps New Hampshire for their donation of 100 hygiene kits. More importantly, thanks for the prayers!

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

54 Cities in 300 Days!

My route so far in Africa