Mission Accomplished!

Before I headed into downtown Nashville to pass out coffee and doughnuts I went to three Walmarts outside of the city to do “food rescue”. I went into each Walmart and headed for the discount bakery rack. I put most of what was on the racks in my cart and wheeled over to the service desk and asked for the manager. When the manager came to the service desk I told him/her I was from Massachusetts and I was going to go into the city and distribute coffee, food, water and oranges. I asked them if they could let me have the reduced bakery items at no charge.  The first two Walmart mangers said fine and the third Walmart manger gave me most of the items for free.  

I went to a Dunkin’ Donuts downtown and ordered some Boxes of Joe. I asked if they could give one of them for free. The woman behind the counter said she couldn’t do anything because her manager had left for the day. But her and her co-worker did hook me up with a couple boxes of munchkins.  I prayed with Starla & Minnie before I left.  

I was told that across from the public library there was a park that folks experiencing homelessness would gather at. So I headed that way but no one was in the park because of the rain and there was no place to park.

So I headed to the bridge I was at last night but no one was underneath it. I was praying hard for God to send me in the right direction. I was driving by the river and saw a camp on the other side near the Nissan Stadium. So I made way over there. I parked under a bridge and a gentleman came up from the camp. I asked him to invite his friends up from the camp. When they got their fill of coffee and treats, I asked them where would be another good place to be go. They suggested the Nashville Resuce Mission.  I made way over there and went into the office. They told me I could give out the food but I need to be off the property. They told  me where to park and said be prepared for a crowd. 

I parked on the street and opened up the back of my Jeep and got ready for a crowd. And boy was there a crowd! Everybody really appreciated the coffee, hot chocolate, treats, water and oranges. I think they were probably about 40 to 50 people that came over to my Jeep. God certainly lead my way today. Thank you to everybody who donated this morning! Really really really appreciate it! And so did my friends! 





Evergreen (Brad) from Michigan trying to make it in the music buzz. 





Kenneth 


Kenneth & Bugga 




After 





Comments

Anonymous said…
I am amazed and so pleased that you stayed the course on getting this ministry together brother! You are doing an outstanding job serving the kingdom and Gold's poor and downtrodden! Mathew 10:42 says "And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.” Praise God for servants like you Pastor Leighton - your reward will be great! God Bless you and keep you safe...
Anonymous said…
I am amazed and so pleased that you stayed the course on getting this ministry together brother! You are doing an outstanding job serving the kingdom and Gold's poor and downtrodden! Mathew 10:42 says "And whoever gives one of these little ones only a cup of cold water in the name of a disciple, assuredly, I say to you, he shall by no means lose his reward.” Praise God for servants like you Pastor Leighton - your reward will be great! God Bless you and keep you safe...

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

My route so far in Africa

54 Cities in 300 Days!