Nashville Mission Trip Update - Day 4 in Ohio

Wanted to give a bit of of update of my travels the last few days. Yesterday morning weather was pretty nasty so I waited it out quite a few hours at in a Pilot parking lot before making my way south to West Virginia. Once I arrived in West Virginia I spent six hours working in a rest area. I reached out to over 40 potential corporate sponsors for Mission For Hope. The response so far has been amazing! I have about two dozen more companies to reach out to today. 


Last night I made my way into the Wayne National Forest which is in the Southwest tip of Ohio that boarders West Virginia and Kentucky. I spent the night in a pretty remote spot. A bit chilly but I enjoyed a hot chicken dish which I started cooking at the rest area in West Virginia. I wanted to go deeper in the woods but with the mud and no winch, I didn’t want to take any chance.  I refrained or should I say restrained myself and stayed put and wrapped myself in my sleeping bag and watched the movie Patton. 


After a stunning sunrise this morning I enjoyed a hot cafe’ mocha, juice and some yogurt before heading back to civilization. The plan today is to hit some back country trails in the Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky and most likely stay there over night. It would be nice to find a spot to camp during daylight for once but I have a feeling I’m going to be spending a fair amount of my day on my laptop again. 


Looks like I’ll be on schedule to check into my hotel room in Nashville Saturday so I can be showered and clean shaven for church Sunday morning. Well at least showered.  Then I will be volunteering all week at a few organizations that help the homeless.   


Thanks to all of you who have been encouraging me and filling my “tank” spiritually and literally on this journey! And thank you Jim Mitchell for knocking the spotlights off my Amazon wish list! I really could have used them the last few nights, but it’s so comforting to know that I’ll have them for the big trip. I’m going to really need them. 


I truly appreciate everybody’s support!! 




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

My route so far in Africa

54 Cities in 300 Days!