Chicago is my kind of town.

Outreach Stop #2 / Chicago - Where do I begin? What a day! We all met at Dusty’s gallery this morning to get all the stuff together. Lots of Jeep and lots of Jeepers and lots of donations. They put together packages with men’s hygiene stuff, women’s hygiene stuff, T-shirts, washcloths, socks underwear & snacks. We also had hygiene kits my volunteer shipped from back home and Beantown Blankets shipped 48 blankets to Chicago for us to hand out today. 


We caravanned to Pacific Garden Mission first. We brought in a ton of donations and then helped set up for their next meal. Pacific Garden Mission is a faith based shelter for men, women, families and veterans. The shelter can accommodate 1,300 people but on the average they have about 500 people want to give an evening.


Then we hit the streets with our Jeeps and we made about six stops to hand out donations to folks on the streets. At the end of the day we went to a shelter called “A Safe Haven” and wheeled the rest of our donations in. I handed out Bibles on media sticks to the veterans. 


It was an incredible day and I can’t believe the heart and the spirit of these Jeepers. I saw lots of smiles because of what my sisters and brothers did for the poor. I had the opportunity to pray with lots of people today.


Very, very touching day. Pretty much wept all the way back to the hotel...which was close to an hour away. Just can’t believe I’m actually on this journey. Thank you for all your support and prayers! Couldn’t do this with out you! 























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

54 Cities in 300 Days!

My route so far in Africa