Duck Tape & Hygiene Kits



Well I’m not off the grid tonight for sure but I do have a few trees. Jeep is in total Walmart boondocking mode with side window screens and front windshield shade. Didn’t make it Edmonton. On my way north I was prompted to go to Calgary and try to do some outreach. Went to a shelter first and they don’t allow the public to give out donations on the property. They would take my donations but they would be brought to their donation center. Since I didn’t have a ton of stuff to donate, I opted to drive downtown and try to find some folks that might like some hygiene kits and snacks. Drove around for an hour and had no luck finding parking in the center of the city where I was told homeless folks hang out. I decided to head to Walmart in the suburbs, grab some dinner and crash. On the way there I pulled over in a industrial park to help two guys repair a very beat up bicycle trailer.  I gave them roll of duck tape I had and some hygiene kits, cold shower packets and a few breakfast bars. We chatted for a while particularly about the severe drug problem in Alberta and their own struggles with opiates. I prayed with Chris and Rob before I left. Rob’s faith was stronger then Chris’ and I encouraged Rob to bring Chris to church with him on Sunday. Hopefully I’ll make it Edmonton tomorrow. It’s only 290 miles north. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

My route so far in Africa

54 Cities in 300 Days!