Yesterday I arrived in Dar Salaam, Tanzania and last night the car rental agency picked up the Land Cruiser. I’m not going to lie, it was a great relief when they picked it up. I didn’t post all the issues I had with the Land Cruiser, but they included replacing the clutch twice, replacing both batteries, thr spare tire rim and various issues with the electrical system, stove, bulbs, door latches, windows and tire leaks. Although I spent a lot of time working on repairs of the Land Cruiser, I couldn’t imagine doing the trip in any other vehicle because of the very poor roads in Kenya and Tanzania. The Land Cruiser was an absolute beast, everybody knows how to fix them and parts are readily available. In 28 days, I drove 9,924 km, visited 7 churches, 5 wells, 3 schools, 2 orphanages, 1 clinic and gave out 200 storybook bibles. (Although, 13 of the storybook bibles were given to 8 Tanzanian Police Officers instead of the cash they requested.) I also shared a message at 3 chur...
Saturday Mission For Hope partnered with Radiant Church and local Jeepers to hand out blankets, hygiene kids, water, food, Bibles and prayer to the homeless in the Phoenix area. Such a blessing to serve along side such committed believers to minister to the poor in Phoenix.
This if my route so far in Kenya and Tanzania. Right now I’m in the southwest part of Tanzania where the gold arrow is. I’m heading east to Dar Saalem this week. My Garmin stopped working a few days after I arrived in Kenya a few weeks ago. I’m using Gaia and it’s not my favorite for tracking and definitely not very useful in Kenya and Tanzania for finding places to camp. As usual, iOverlander has been very, very helpful to find places to stay and camp. Haven’t done much camping because of my schedule, but hope to do a lot in the 10 days, along with some game drives. Here is a link to my route on Gaia, which I’m trying to update every day. https://www.gaiagps.com/public/Sq8hKEcr0mgMREGqWaTZeoeX
Comments