Inspirational Friday

Today was inspirational Friday. Doris Starling manages a 400 bed shelter in downtown Santa Ana. She has has a heart of gold and has been helping homeless folks for over 30 years. Second photo is of Joseph & Elizabeth who are outreach directors at Village of Hope. Village of Hope is one of Orange County Rescue Mission’s seven transitional housing campuses for men, woman, children and families. I have never seen anything like this campus or organization before. They provide housing, schooling, healthcare, counseling, job training and job placement.  They have a huge donation warehouse, church, cafeteria, mobile healthcare unit and food truck. They gave me toiletries so I could make up more of my own hygiene kits which I handed out in Santa Ana today.  People and organizations like this truly inspire me and encourage me to try to do more. 























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

My route so far in Africa

54 Cities in 300 Days!