Meet Christian

Meet Christian, a 35 year old gentleman I met while we were doing outreach in downtown San Francisco Saturday. Christian is from Detroit and has been in San Francisco for two years.  We spoke for quite a while about lots of things. 

I then met Alan a well dressed man in is 60’s who had all his belongs neatly strapped to his suitcase on wheels. Alan told me he was a musician and a comedian and opened for Frank Sinatra and Frank Jr. We talked about big band music and he told me lots of stories of back in the day. Alan even belted out a song for me. 

It was a very blessed day and I can’t thank local Jeepers Sharon and AJ enough for helping me find the right places to go in San Francisco help me pass out the donations as well as minister to people. 

The best part of the day for me was giving a very skinny lady a blanket, hygiene kit and snacks on my way out of the city. She was in tears and so grateful. 

Although the homeless situation is bad in San Francisco, it seems like local government has a better handle on it compared to Seattle and Portland. I didn’t see any homeless people outside of the city and I didn’t see any camps along the highways but maybe I missed them. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

54 Cities in 300 Days!

My route so far in Africa