A Shepherd Staff

I received this Shepherd staff on December 1, 2019 when I was installed as a pastor at Calvary Christain Church after my first Jeep mission trip. The staff leaned quietly in the corner of my office. The Shepherd staff never left my office until my last day on staff last Friday. For two years Pastor Tim and my fellow Pastors taught me how to be a Shepherd and what a Shepherd staff is for.  


A Shepherd staff is used to find fallen sheep in the undergrowth of life, protect sheep from attacks of the enemy, and to guide the flock to green pastures and clean water. A Shepherd staff is also used for balance for the Shepherd. Balance on rough and rocky terrain. I don’t have the room to take my Shepherd staff in my Jeep on my next mission trip, but knowing I was given it to pastor a flock I love so much, will keep me balanced on the rough and rocky roads.  No matter where that flock is or where that road is going. 


If it wasn’t for the support of Calvary Christain Church for the last four years, the Christian Jeep Association and Mission For Hope may have never been founded. Thank you Calvary for releasing me so I can hit the road again. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

54 Cities in 300 Days!

My route so far in Africa