Do you think about these things?


I haven’t stayed at a hotel for 2 weeks  and I won’t be at a hotel for 9 more days. My photos in the woods make things look pretty cozy and pretty comfortable. And for the most part they are but I need to do lots of planning to be comfortable and cozy. So these are the type of things I need to think about everyday. Things I need to plan for everyday.  

Where am I going to sleep tonight?
Where can I buy groceries? 
Where can I cook tonight? 
Where can I get and when can I get drinkable water again? 
Where and when can I shower next?
Where and when can I do laundry again? 
Where and when will I have cell service again? 
What if it rains tonight? 
Where can I throw out my trash? 
Where can I go the bathroom? 

Pretty basic and simple things. But these are things I need to think about every day and plan for every day. But I have choices and resources. Lots of choices and lots of resources! 

But what if I didn’t have the Jeep? What if I didn’t have a tent, a stove, a refrigerator, a water tank, access to the internet, power and a portable toilet? 

How often do you need to think about these things? How often do these things even cross your mind? If you were homeless, you would think about these things all day long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

54 Cities in 300 Days!

My route so far in Africa