God had a plan for Miami

I knew God had a plan for Miami. I ended up setting up shop outside of Missionaries of Charity which is one of Mother Teresa’s  homes. My first mission trip five years ago was to Kolkata and our team got to serve at two of Mother Teresa’s homes. We actually got to go into the Mother’s House and see the tiny room she lived in for 40 years. We were hosted in Kolkata by the Calcutta Mercy which is a ministry the Buntains created around the same time Mother Tersesa started caring for the poor and dying. 


This morning I gave out blankets, hygiene kits, food, water, socks and oranges close to 75 people. The gentleman in the blue T-shirt in front of my Jeep is Raul. Raul was born in Cuba, went to school in New York and served our country in the Marines for 10 years.  One of the photos is of a woman sleeping on the sidewalk. It’s a bit disturbing but she was able to find some comfort and protection from the rain with a Beantown Blankets I just give her.


After spending time with folks at the back of my Jeep I took a tour of the Missionaries of Charity and met some of the sisters. It’s a shelter for women and children. They also serve two meals a day for men and women. Today was such a blessing to me. My first mission trip to Kolkata was very inspiring. It showed me what people can do to help so many when they have a calling and vision. #missionforhope
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission Accomplished!

My route so far in Africa

54 Cities in 300 Days!